i read pretty

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

what would a house-pi(e) look like?

i love all this controversy regarding Life of Pi. I suppose when you get down to it, liking or not liking the book is a matter of personal taste. I didn't find the story boring at all. However, I will admit that the implicit questions about theology were much more interesting than the explicit ones. so perhaps i am projecting onto the book a little bit, thus heightening my enjoyment of it.

i own a copy of House of Leaves but have not yet read it. i will have to bump it up the list some. many many people have raved about the book and whenever i talk about my novel-to-come The Crow Murders people tell me that i should read House of Leaves (thus explaining why the book is lying on my bookshelf).

for the moment, i have just finished Beckett's Murphy which i will have to post on later, and am busy enjoying Calvino's If On a Winter's Night a Traveller. the latter of which seems to be a favourite amongst this blog's bloggers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home