i read pretty

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

i don't like omelettes, but i like dan times a million

rhianna, before i forget-- your guy-thing has nice poem tastes. weirdly lyrical for poems. though i will never forget laughing him off the stage in my head for the poem he recited, which began "rub-a-dub-dub, our love smells like vapour rub"...well, i give him "props" for taste. who knew? you did, probably.

anyhow. this is "writing". writing about music. how could that not be appropriate...

from saidthegramophone's individual top albums of '06:

3. Destroyer - Destroyer's Rubies
Ever eat an omelette and think, halfway through, "why do I like omelettes?" but then when you're finished, you just feel great? Yeah, me too.
-Dan


that just blows my little palpitating heart (end-of-fall-term-stress palpitating) to smithereens.

{ps- chandler brossard's over the rainbow? hardly just arrived, from Pages. i got the usual phonecall for "tomasina" telling me the good news. good and unexpected, considering i'd ordered it back in october, and forgotten... anyhow, tack that onto my christmas reading list. from what i know they're dirty, fucked-up fairy tales with lots of sex and gruesome bits. the review was pretty captivating. nytimes book review, however long ago...you know me and fairy tales.}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home