i read pretty

Sunday, November 12, 2006

maybe doesn't belong

Perhaps this doesn't belong here, but it IS book-related...

Have you ever written notes to yourself and then found the notes a long time later, at which point they made absolutely no sense, having lost their original context? I do this all the time -- but my notes are all related to various creative projects. Anyway, I just found this note/passage. It's apparently somehow related to a book project I was working on. However, the project is now a rather melancholy collection of short stories. How, then, did the following note have anything to do with it?

This is my book, and I can say whatever I want. Something true: I am the world's only champion Yak-binder. True, there were others, many better than myself, but these practiced in the days before Yak-binding became recognized as an Olympic event.

4 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger kaylen said...

yak binding...

unspeakably awesome.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Jonathan Ball said...

i don't even know what Yak-binding is supposed to be.

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Idoru said...

Don't worry....anyone who can bind a yak can never be a twerp.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger kaylen said...

i only managed to find this photo ...

somehow, i don't think it's the right sort of yak binding. it certainly lacks the enthusiasm i would associate with the sport...

er...sport?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home